Each family is expected to volunteer with two jobs and participate in four bingos and the casino (if held) each year. There are many opportunities to volunteer throughout the year.
Each class requires:
1. Class Representative:
- Act as liaison between instructor and parents;
- Phoning duties for class if required;
- Distribution of tax receipts and photos to class; and
- Work with special events coordinator to determine availability of dancers for external performances, when they arise.
2. Costume Representative:
- Assist costuming coordinators with distribution and collection of costumes for individual group; and
- Assist groups on performance days to ensure dancers are prepared for performances.
Other opportunities to volunteer include:
- Malanka (Ukrainian New Year)
- Costume Workshops and Returns
- Final Concert
Yalenka is operated by volunteers! It is imperative that we all do our share to ensure our continued success so that our families have the opportunity to learn and perform this amazing dance form.